Granite is categorized by a couple of factors. Most granite sold at these lower prices is call commercial or level 1. These are indicators of the quality of the stone that is being produces as well as where and the costs associated to taking that particular stone from the ground to your kitchen.
Stones can be classified as exotic. Which my understanding simply means that they are typically are pretty wild in design and may be in short supply. This does not mean that they would cost more but that they may be more difficult to fit to your kitchen and may be more on the personal taste area from a design perspective.
What are the other fees
With any custom made product that needs to be installed into your home some additional fees may result from the installation and fabrication process depending on your unique situation. Some examples are
Sink cutouts are typically extra. The reason being is that not everyone needs a sink cutout and this does require additional man power and time to make these additional cuts.
- Edges: sometimes some edges will be included but especially for the more elaborate edges expect to pay per foot for edging and by the edge type selected.
- Removal and tear-out: In some case you can do this yourself but if you cannot for whatever reason typically this service can be provided for you by the installers.
- Estimates: in most cases I have seen that this is Free but sometimes if costs are high to provide the estimate a fee could be posed to produce the estimate.
- Installation: sometimes an installation fee will be extra. This fee typically will include delivery. Special equipment and expertise is needed to properly install granite on your countertops
- Templating: Template fees are not abnormal due to the consumable products used to create templates or for the laser templating machine to be at your residence.
- In some cases a new sink and or faucet may be required for the look you are going for with your new countertops. Stainless steel under mount sinks is a popular choice but there are many other options as well such as porcelain, cast and granite sink as well. With stainless be sure that you pay attention to the thickness. Typically this is measured in gauges. 18 gauge is a standard thickness used but has the potential to dent. Just be sure that you take your own personal habits into account.. If you stick a steal mop in the sink or wash car parts in your sink… an 18 gauge sink may not be the right choice for you
- View more Granite Countertops Price
Our mission is to provide you with superior products and services through our network of fabricators. We provide access to some of the best craftsman in the business. We help ensure that your experience with our providers exemplifies the Quality, Service and value that YOU expect. If at any time you have any questions please feel free to contact us during your granite countertop purchase and installation.Granite Countertops